In Module 11, Henry de Valence chats with Brendan about Penumbra – a shielded, cross-chain network. This system is an example of zk in the wild, in this case in DeFi, and shows us the complexity and opportunity in a private swap paradigm. He describes the ZK Swaps example to illustrate how we can privately interact with a public state on-chain.
What you’ll learn:
- 2:00 – Definition of cross chain compatibility (IBC)
- 11:11 – Sealed input batch swaps
- 17:18 – Creating liquidity systems with DEX’s
- 19:00 – Overview of Zcash style state law
- 29:20 – Transaction structures
- 37:30 – Fundamental requirements for on-chain interaction
- 41:24 – Moving to a “lock free design”
- 42:57 – Example of submitting a swap
ZK Whiteboard Sessions is an educational series on all things zero knowledge. Produced by ZK Hack and powered by Polygon – we’ll be releasing a new module every week!
Get notified on latest module upload by signing up below.