Inner Product Argument in Halo 2
In this module, Ying Tong, cryptographer and contributor to Ethereum Foundation, Electric Coin Company and 0xPARC, explores Halo 2 with host Brendan Farmer. They cover the Halo 2 polynomial commitment and atomic accumulation schemes, split accumulation and how this is used in Zcash.
What you’ll learn:
- 0:00 High level overview of Halo 2
- 4:44 IPA – polynomial commitment scheme
- 10:00 Strategy to shrink polynomials through the use of a challenge
- 17:47 Terms of IPA opening proof & how we reached them
- 22:20 Expanded proof
- 32:00 Remaining steps for the verifier
- 39:00 Atomic accumulation scheme
- 42:38 How to update the accumulator
- 44:38 Accumulation verifier
- 50:58 Accumulation decider
- 51:50 IVC (incrementally verifiable computation) verifier
- 53:22 Split accumulation
- 57:11 How this is used in Zcash
ZK Whiteboard Sessions is an educational series on all things zero knowledge. Produced by ZK Hack and powered by Polygon – we’ll be releasing a new module every week!
Get notified on latest module upload by signing up below.