In Module 10, Jordi Baylina, Technical Lead at Polygon Hermez, breaks down the topic of zkEVMs by walking us through the building of low-level small circuits and demonstrating how these are then used to build zkEVMs. He goes on to clarify misconceptions around zkEVMs and reviews the logic behind how we build state machines.
What you’ll learn:
- 0:30 What is zkEVM
- 1:16 Why we need zkEVM
- 8:21 Distinguishing between public and private inputs
- 13:20 IOPs in circuits
- 25:40 An example of a basic circuit
- 30:00 Proving a Fibonacci series and building basic state machines
- 40:00 Defining and building a processor
- 1:00:00 Namespace ROM
- 1:11:00 Results of the state machines
ZK Whiteboard Sessions is an educational series on all things zero knowledge. Produced by ZK Hack and powered by Polygon – we’ll be releasing a new module every week!
Get notified on latest module upload by signing up below.